Welcome to Chilli Barn, a unique venue set in the Yorkshire Dales
Chilli Barn on the Chevin overlooking Wharfedale was lovingly converted in 2014 as an intimate wedding venue and a special place for celebrations and gatherings of all kinds. Part of the family farm for six generations, the Barn offers a charming, relaxed atmosphere in a spacious rural setting which allows the use of marquees, yurts and tipis and has good transport links. Added to that, our efficient, friendly service and delicious vegetarian catering will make memories of your day at Chilli Barn ones to treasure.
Chilli Barn can now hold wedding ceremonies with a maximum 25 guests following COVID-secure government guidelines and procedures agreed with Leeds Registrars. We can not currently offer wedding receptions due to government restrictions, these will be reviewed on 15 August. If restrictions are relaxed we expect to be able to offer receptions for up to 30 subject to precautions. Please get in touch using the website contact form if you would like more information or advice or to make an enquiry.
Chilli Barn is now fully booked May-September 2021 but availability is good out of season in 2021 and for 2022. We are offering show rounds in person and also using FaceTime and guided virtual tours.
(Updated 4 August)
Weddings at Chilli Barn
- Surrounded by meadows and forest with moorland and crags nearby
- Two day hire exclusive use is standard allowing DIY decoration
- All packages include meetings with our wedding planner
- Outdoor ceremonies and audiences can be arranged
- Add another room with a yurt, tipi or marquee
- Large lawn with straw bales, fire pit and space for games
- Spacious mezzanine floor for chilling out and dining
- Barn hire £1250 – £2950; wedding breakfast £42pp
- Bespoke estimate available after a viewing meeting
- Marriage room and dining capacity is 60*
- Party and reception capacity is 90*
- Voluptuous vegetarian menu, all food cooked on site
- Table or buffet service with round tables or wooden trestles
- Good air, road and rail links and varied local accommodation
* capacity figures are subject to social distancing
“We recently had our wedding reception at the awesome Chilli Barn. Everything about the day was absolutely perfect – in fact perfect was the word of the weekend – it was everything we wanted and more.
“The CB team made sure the day was seamless and certainly exceeded our expectations. All of our guests kept saying the venue was amazing and were also blown away by the food – ‘you don’t need meat when it’s that good!’ . Thank you so much!”
Liz and Michael, May 2019
“Thank you so much for helping us making this day so special for us and our guests. We had a fabulous experience. I can’t thank enough all the staff helping us to make this day run so smoothly.
“Chilli Barn offers unbelievable (!!!) tasty food, great service and they are very understanding and accommodating every sort of newlyweds requirements. We asked for 100% vegan catering and what we got blew us and our guests away – we have received so many compliments about the food.
“We loved the authenticity of the Barn, the location (fields and cows), beautiful scenery around and the barn itself. Everything about the Barn is top quality. Thank you so much for helping us making this day so special for us and our guests.”
Marysia and Matt, May 2019